Monday, August 8, 2011

S.T.A.U.N.C.H


help me, im insane 
 My Fair Lady





Lately iv been thinking a lot about Edith Beal. The daughter. The more i watch GreyGardens, the more i see things in Edie that i didn't see there before. like her frustration( more so the intensity of it) and her sadness. also i hate to say it, but i think she might have a light case of schizophrenia. With that said, I should mention that i really do care about this women, and feel a lot for her. 
 I see quite a bit of  myself in Edie. She talks a lot about the short lived glory days in NYC, her dancing days, and how she misses them so much. She moved back to East Hampton to try and save her mothers beloved house,  and left all of her life behind. In the documentary she says something that really sits with me every time i watch it.  'its awfully difficult to keep a line between the past and the present'. that's exactly how m feeling lately. 
I'm missing things more than doing things.I miss my child hood so much. and all the people that were in it that arnt anymore. But i think that a person like myself needs to stop missing what was, and start living and making new memories. As much as i like Edie, i dont want to become like her. So my advice to you, and myself, is to stop remembering and start living. (I sound like a Singles Mixer motto) but its the most easy way i can explain it. OOH, or i could quote the late and dear Alexander McQueen,  'Never look back, only look forward'.




Tilda Swinton in W Magazine, it reminds me of Little Edies style a lot. The head scarves, the bright reds and leather that she wore in the film.
I love how this picture kinda looks like a ghost snap shot. Or just a really blurry picture
where nobody grows up


the best costume for the day is the next I put on
                 I was going for a Staunch Edith look, meets hunter/ meets WW2/ meets Buckingham Guard.

click on the pictures below to enlarge



my 'surreal' studs. gotta love sharpies 

No comments:

Post a Comment